MINI-CAMPS, 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
We try to offer these 4-hour camps throughout the school year, usually when school is not in session for a week or more. Because of COVID-19, we are not sure if these will be a part of the program this school year, but if so, this will be updated once we have dates ready for our next Mini-Camp. In the meantime, there are general details below, for anyone who may be interested. Our Mini-Camps are also a perfect trial for those new to the program, before signing up for our after-school program.
- The camp will be outdoors and we will hand pick activities from among a list of our all-time favorites. That should get us climbing on Bonfire Rock (the kids know what that means!), getting into the woods and exploring all of our favorite areas of the park. Though the goal is to remain outside at all times, we always have an indoor back-up plan, if necessary.
- We normally meet at the SE corner of 81st Street & Central Park West at 9:00 a.m. This park entrance is called Hunters' Gate and just inside of it is a little grassy area, where we will gather each day. We will return your child to the same spot at 1:00 p.m.
- With enough notice, it may be possible to schedule a private Mini-Camp group this summer, Monday-Friday, depending on where we stand with the social distancing guidelines. We are waiting to see how things shake out, but if it becomes possible at some point, details will follow.
- Not sure what to wear? Just check here.
- Besides dressing appropriately for the weather, you really only need to send along a packed lunch and a water bottle with your child. For the protection of those who may need it, no one is permitted to bring anything with peanuts or nuts of any kind.
- The cost of the program is $425 for the week or $90/child/day. The minimum number of participants is 5 and the maximum is 21. Signing up for an entire week is not required, as long as we have at least 5 participants enrolled each day. However, joining for the whole week ensures the maximum amount of fun!
If you have any questions or wish to enroll, please contact Mike.