Want to get your kids outside over the upcoming breaks? Then please join us!
We try to offer these 4-hour camps throughout the school year, usually when school is not in session for a week or more. We can sometimes also do these by request. This will be updated once we have dates ready for our next Mini-Camp, but there are general details below, for anyone who may be interested. Our Mini-Camps are also a perfect trial for those new to the program, before signing up for our after-school program or even for our Summer EDventure Camp.
- The camp will be outdoors (rain, snow or shine) and we will hand pick activities from among a list of our all-time favorites. That should get us climbing on Bonfire Rock (the kids know what that means!), getting into the woods and exploring all of our favorite areas of the park. If there is snow (and enough of it), we will take full advantage, including sledding! Though the goal is to remain outside at all times, we usually have an indoor back-up plan, if necessary and when possible.
- These are open to girls & boys, ages 5-12 ("Mini-Camp" means it's a shorter time frame than a full-day camp, not for younger kids only).
We will meet at the SE corner of 81st Street & Central Park West at 9:00 a.m. This park entrance is called Hunters' Gate and just inside of it is a little grassy area, where we will gather each day. We will return your child to the same spot at 1:00 p.m.
Please note: The location is not set in stone. If most from the group are closer to another area of the park, we can accommodate that.
- Not sure what to wear? Just check here.
- Besides dressing appropriately for the weather, you really only need to send along a packed lunch and a water bottle with your child. For the protection of those who may need it, no one is permitted to bring anything with peanuts or nuts of any kind.
- The cost of the program is $450 for the week or $95/child/day. The minimum number of participants is 5 and the maximum is 20. Signing up for an entire week is not required, as long as we have at least 5 participants enrolled each day. However, joining for the whole week ensures the maximum amount of fun!
- With enough notice throughout the year, it may be possible to schedule a private Mini-Camp group, Monday-Friday, outside of any pre-scheduled dates above. Please inquire if interested.
If you have any questions or wish to enroll, please contact Mike.